05 Jan 201911:35
Does Drinking Collagen Work?
Previously, experts thought that drinking collagen wasn’t that beneficial for aging skin, because the body would quickly break it down and use it as energy. So, there was little chance for the skin absorbing it. But, recently everything changed. A 2015 study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found through controlled clinical trials, consuming collagen peptide significantly increased skin hydration and skin density. The effects lasted over 12 weeks!
The best Collagen peptides to use are the 100% unflavoured unflavoured collagen powder, no fillers, no sweeteners, that can be added to any ingredients, which is easily digested. This anti-aging dietary supplement promotes youthful skin, healthier hair, and stronger nails. But, it can also put a spring in your step by helping keep your bones healthy and strong. Additionally, it supports joint health, weight management, healthy inflammation and improves sleep quality.
Blueberry, Pineapple and Collagen Peptide Elixir
Enjoy this collagen-boosting elixir in the morning for breakfast, or even as a post workout drink.
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/4 cup pineapple, organic, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup blueberries, organic (fresh or frozen)
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- In a blender, blend together the coconut water, pineapple, and blueberries until smooth.
- Add the collagen peptides and pulse until fully mixed.
Why These Ingredients?
- The addition of coconut water is three-fold. First, it supplies the ultimate hydration, helping maintain the skin’s moisture. Second, it provides electrolytes — specifically calcium and magnesium — to maintain muscle relaxation. Magnesium also helps with the formation of serotonin, the feel-good hormone. Third, coconut water contains plant growth hormones cytokinins. Cytokinins, known as the anti-aging hormone, helps control aging suggests Bruce Fife N.D. of the Coconut Research Center.
- Pineapple gives this elixir a boost of vitamin C — an antioxidant vitamin that promotes healthy skin according to dermatological research.
- Blueberries are an excellent source of antioxidants, which is highly effective for combating age-related skin conditions.
If you’ve never tried a collagen-boosting elixir, give it a try. Your skin will thank you!