Best Collagen Muffins
27 Nov 201821:18
Best Collagen Muffins
NesProteins Marine Collagen is the highest quality marine collagen you’ll find out in the market. This product comes from sustainably sourced wild caught red snapper. Because this formula is granular, it dissolves easily in hot or cold liquids and is completely flavorless! So easy to add to anything you are already drinking. Smoothies, coffee, tea, etc. You can even add it to your soups, oatmeal, etc. It’s such an easy way to get more protein into your diet.
When taken daily NesProteins Marine Collagen replenishes, rebuilds and restores collagen levels to help support healthy skin hydration, elasticity and firmness, as well as helping to support healthy strong nails, joints, bones and teeth.
These muffins are Nutrient dense, containing healthy fats from coconut butter including the added benefit of nuts and seeds, and protein from NesProteins Marine Collagen.
1 cup of coconut flour
1 cup whole self raising flour
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
(zap in a blender for a few seconds to break them all up into a mix resembling bird feed)
Pinch of salt
1 Banana mashed roughly (NOT frozen this time)
3 tablespoons of NesProteins Marine Collagen
¼ cup of honey
¼ cup Coconut Oil
1 cup of non dairy milk (coconut goes well with the coconut flour and coconut oil)
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Oil a muffin tray, or fill the muffin tray with paper cake liners
2. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients
3. Add all the wet ingredients, including the eggs, into a large measuring jug and mix thoroughly with a fork. Add the mashed banana to this mixture.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, ensuring that you combine everything thoroughly and all ingredients are coated with the wet mixture. Use a wooden spatula for this, lifting and folding to allow air into the mixture. The mixture should be thick and stick to the spoon, unlike cake batter which is quite runny.
5. Transfer the mixture to the muffin tray, filling each to ¾ capaciy
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes, or until a skewer placed in the middle comes out almost clean. The baking time will depend on the size of your muffin tray, and also your oven. You do not want the muffins to be dry, so test at 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for 10 minutes, and then tip muffins out of tray to cool for another 5 minutes before eating.
8. Serve with creamy ricotta cheese and a thin drizzle of warm honey. Yum!