Goat Broth By Special Order
14 Jun 201812:59
Goat Broth is delicious and the healthy alternative to warm the gut. This might be my all time favorite soup. It’s a Greek traditional recipe, exactly as my mother makes it in Epirus, Greece (mainland).
* 1 lb (or half a kilo) of goat meat with bones (found in Mexican or Middle Eastern shops in the USA)
* 1 large golden potato, peeled & chopped in cubes
* 1 carrot, peeled & sliced
* 1/2 cup roughly chopped celery leaves (not stalks)
* 1 cup chopped chard (optional)
* 1 small shallot, finely chopped
* juice of 1 lemon
* salt & pepper
1. In a pot, add 1L of goat broth, 1 additional cup of filtered water, the potato, carrot, celery leaves, the optional chard, shallot, salt, and pepper. Let them boil in medium heat for a while, until the potatoes are done.
2. Add the goat meat, cook for another 1-2 minutes, turn off the heat, and add the lemon juice, and additional black pepper, salt to season. Enjoy!